Thursday 18 July 2013

Is this real life?


       Everything is perfect. We leave in 18 days and everything has been perfect for a while. I mean, we finalized almost every last ferry ticket and hotel reservation yesterday (need a confirmation from Venice), working morning to night, and it's all going to be worth it. We all have tons of stuff to get done in the next couple of weeks. I'm singing at a wedding a song that is still missing a verse. Diana is preparing a cake that has to meet the bride's hopes and dreams. Amelia is doing the slideshow, not yet having the songs to sync it with. And Madeline, Amelia, and myself are also in charge of the guestbook table at both the ceremony and the reception. (Basically, Madeline just has to sit and look pretty. But I'm pretty sure she can do that.) Things must be done! But they will be done. I will sing, Amelia's slideshow will be beautiful and we will all be in awe at the cake. It's so strange how everything can come into place so quickly after being nothing at all.

I'm getting to the point soon, I promise.

But back to the purpose of this blog.
You wouldn't think things would be changing in our itinerary at this point. I mean, we're leaving in UNDER 3 WEEKS. How can things be changing? We must have it all together at this point. We must have known exactly what we were doing, like, 60 days ago. But no. And that's okay! Because everything got better. This and that got moved around, multiple country eurrail hopes and dreams were dashed, a rental car was arranged and we get to make our own path somewhere between Nice and Paris. I would like to thank my brilliant Aunt for choosing that path. How could an idea like this really come to be?

If you close your eyes and imagine you're in a fairytale - maybe there's a vast forest. Gorgeous mountains with snow at the tips of the peaks. Water all around. And of course there's probably a castle somewhere in that mix. What if you wanted to enter that fairytale? What would be a close comparison, where could fiction become reality?

Well, here. That's where.
I won't go into too much detail. But we're visiting the Chateau de Chillon. Our hotel looks like the castle from Beauty and the Beast. We're going to swim in a pool that has the SWISS ALPS in the background, for goodness sakes. SWITZERLAND. Only a little bit of time. But still. There doesn't have to be a prince for me to know a fairytale when I see one!

-Monica

No comments :

Post a Comment