Saturday 13 July 2013

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Europe is 23 days away, and there are so many things to be done!

Of course I am ECSTATIC the trip is so soon, but naturally I can't brush off the feeling that there is not ENOUGH time left to prepare. There are still tickets to purchase, hotels to book, reservations to make, things to buy- you name it, it probably still needs to be done. We're even making last minute changes to locations, accommodations and transportation. I'm constantly worrying over what could go wrong when we arrive. What if a hotel reservation didn't go through? What if we get pick-pocketed? What if I don't bring enough money and end up broke halfway into the trip? Monica and I made a packing list last night of everything we need to bring, but do I even have a suitcase to pack it in yet? Of course not! Oh, great. There's another thing to stress about. How in the WORLD am I supposed to pack 3 weeks worth of clothing in one carry on suitcase? An impossible feat, surely.

Whenever I find myself thinking these thoughts- and STRESSING over them, I take a minute to laugh at myself. Read the first 5 words of this blog post again, Amelia. Europe is 23 days away! I'm about to leave on the trip of a LIFETIME and I'm stressing about silly things! I consider myself the luckiest person alive to be traveling to the 3 most beautiful countries in the world with the 3 most beautiful women in the world. Sure, things still need to be done, but they'll get done. And I'll bet at least 10 things will go wrong within the first few days in Europe, but who cares? They'll make for a better story down the road!

Even though sometimes I seem stressed out about the silliest things, I can't help but smile when I really look at the big picture. In exactly one month, I will be on my way from the stunning Greek Islands to the spectacular city of Venice with 3 of the most important people to me in the world. There are not words capable of describing how this makes me feel.

So, next time I complain about how I don't have enough time to pack, or how jet-lagged I'll be when I arrive to Athens, please, stop me. Take me by the shoulders and give me a little shake. Look me in the eyes and tell me:

life is beautiful, we're going to Europe!
-Amelia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment