Tuesday 23 July 2013

And then the countdown gets real...



2 weeks. We only have less than 2 weeks to get it all together. And all I have is a million questions running through my head. No, honestly. Probably a million.

The things I'm asking myself:

-When am I taking Madeline's suitcase?
-Am I packing this weekend?
-Do I even know what I'm packing?
-One or two pairs of pants?
-Cardigan, sweater, light jacket or basic hoodie?
-Why do I keep buying more stuff when nothing will fit in the case?
-Should I pre-load my Starbucks card before we leave?
-Do they even have Starbucks in Greece?
-Am I making a journal?
-Should I just buy a journal?
-Is there still time to learn basic German?
-How do I manage to look alive while flying?
-Will there be hot guys at the airports? (Answer: yes, duh.)
-Seriously, what am I wearing on the plane?
-Is it actually physically possible to avoid jet-lag?
-Do I need a bigger purse?
-How can I hide money without a fanny-pack?
-Do people wear makeup on long-haul flights? Just me?
-What food am I bringing on the plane?
-Do they actually allow food to be brought on planes?
-How will I pack my contacts, solution and meds?
-What sunglasses case do I bring?
-Do I really have to bring my glasses?
-Can I actually afford to eat and still see tourist attractions?
-Will I meet Johnny Depp in Venice?
-If I can't, why can Angelina Jolie?

Isn't Brad enough for you, Angelina? 

I read an entire book today. But I have to admit, it was not the book I was supposed to be reading. I have not been studying basic German like I promised myself I would. From the conception of this trip over 100 days ago, I promised myself I would be the one who could communicate, even if only vaguely, with locals in every country. Sprek-en-zee Deutsch, anyone? But I'm failing myself. Francais? Facile? Greek? Kalimera. Italian? Bonjourno! It's hard to keep all the little touristy greetings seperate from each other, though. I need to make my journal so I can jot down my languages/translation information. Maybe I'll do that today.

So I won't post again until I get my act together with my basic knowledge of French, Italian, Greek, and German. 

Au revoir...

-Monica





No comments :

Post a Comment