Sunday 9 June 2013

Relax


Everyone knows I'm the one who posts the most on this blog. I know what you're thinking, people. 

"Yeah, you post too often Monica. Relax."

My dog is so cute.

ANYWAYS.
On my time off I am ALWAYS thinking of this trip. Thus I always have things to say, and tips for my fellow wanderers and/or blog followers and travelers. So I'm going to tell you my rough ideas for my personal essentials for packing for 3 weeks AND how I plan on getting it in one little carry-on.

(I still don't really know how I'm going to accomplish this.)

First of all, they say that rolling (weird, I know) as opposed to folding clothing saves a lot of space and makes clothing less likely to wrinkle.

Start with shoes, and stuff those with socks or underwear, or bathing suit to keep shape of the shoes AND save space. Now that's savvy. Pack the shoes heel to toe at the foundation of the suitcase. Fill gaps at the bottom layer with bras, underwear, swimwear, tights, small clothing garments. Make an even layer.

And follow that with the bulkier items (jeans, shirts, dresses, skirts, pants). Below is an excellent video of HOW TO PACK LIGHT.


I'm thinking at least:
5 dresses
7 tops
5 shorts
5 skirts
2 pants
1 jacket
1 hoodie

Is that too much? Too little? I have no clue! Someone advise me.
Honestly, I have to make an update after I practice (yes, that's right, practice) packing my stuff into my suitcase.

In other news, I bought my main travel shoes! 

This is my attempt of the day at modern art.
It totally almost put me out of house and home to buy these. But the sport check guy was so convincing! My only concern with these is how can I rock skirts and dresses with them? I don't know. I'm not a supermodel so it will be a challenge. At least they make my feet look smaller than they are!

I have very few more things to do in preparation for the trip! And the list gets smaller everyday, along with the countdown;)

-Monica

No comments :

Post a Comment